Owner & Lead Therapist
Let’s be simple and honest. I am a person with flaws and struggles. I’ll make the assumption that you are looking at therapist websites because you might be struggling with your own flaws or struggles. There are so many people out there who aren’t taking the step you are right now. They fear being judged. They are trapped into believing they aren’t worth the time and money it takes to overcome their obstacles. But that’s not you, at least today. You are beginning to believe there is a healthier way of living and you are going after it. I think that’s pretty awesome.
When people come into my office they are welcomed by a comfy homelike office and a counselor that is patient, kind, funny, challenging, and real. When people come into my office, their worries about counseling very quickly melt away because they realize I’m a person, just like them. I greet them full of hope, respect, and compassion, not a prescription pad and a list of should’s and have to’s.
I Work With:
- Individuals and families
- People ages 13 and older
- General concerns such as anxiety and depression
- Specific concerns such as self harm, grief, and substance use
- Utilize EMDR (eye movement desensitization and reprocessing), Prepare/Enrich marital/premarital counseling, traditional talk therapy, and experiential exercises using art and music
- Individuals facing grief from a death or other loss
- Individuals with a history of relational trauma (abuse or neglect from parents, spouses, friends)
- Women who identify as or have been forced into the matriarch role for their families
Licensed Professional Counselor- Supervisor #68781
Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor #12345
I have worked with clients in many different settings, from inpatient psychiatric stabilization and detox to outpatient services. I have experience working with people in crisis as well as getting them to and through residential treatment. Not only do I have experience working directly with clients, I also have experience working with insurance companies, employers (when needed), providing consultative advice to other mental health professionals, and educating concerned families and friends when requested to do so.